Friday 10 April 2015

Get To Know Me: My 10 Holy Grail Beauty Beauties

Hello! This is my first, what i'm going to call, 'grown-up' blog since my Live Journal and Tumblr adventures as a moody fourteen/fifteen year old. What better way to introduce myself to the beauty/lifestyle blogging world than by revealing my Top Ten make-up, hair and body buys. Lets talk cult beauty products! 

1) Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - So very effective. I have tried numerous foundations on top of it and my make-up stays put all day. I currently have the oil free version but have tried the oil based one too and can confirm that there is little difference in performance. Pricey, I know, but this is one to request for birthdays and Christmas as it lasts so long, I genuinely only go through a couple a year! 


2) Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Famously wonderful. I put off switching to this foundation for years because I thought it must be too good to be true, what was I thinking?! The coverage for someone with discolouration due to acne scarring (i.e me) is a dream, double team it with Double Wear Concealer and you're in materialistic heaven. 


3) Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - An old friend. I used to buy this in school when I just had pocket money, fast forward five years and it fits my student budget nicely. It's soft, not cakey and does exactly what it says on the tin. I've tried more expensive alternatives such as Urban Decay's Naked powder but always end up reaching for my trusty Rimmel. 


4) Mac Amplified Lipstick in 'Fast Play' - My go-to. I wore this hue through Autumn and winter and now I just can't seem to stop. It's almost a moody pink and the staying power is on point. I'm talking a full three course meal and few glasses of wine and the state of my lips were still presentable. 

5) Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Original' - Day-to-night-er. Once you stop staring at the lovely packaging (does it make anyone else think of Aladin?!) the product itself is pretty good too. Eye shadow goes sleekly on top and there it will stay, without a single crease. I never wear shadow without it.


6) Urban Decay Naked 3 Pallet - Wonderfully famous. We've all seen it a thousand times, but rightly so! The pigments, the shimmer, the surprisingly good brush - there's reasons there's been so much hype about it. My favourite shades for day are 'Burnout' and 'Nooner,' while for night I wear 'Trick' and 'Blackheart.'


7) Lush Rub Rub Rub - New fave. I love how its a great exfoliator but can also be used in your hair to give extra lift! I wasn't too sure on the scent at first, but now I can't shower without it. This is definitely a creator of silky smooth skin - perfect before tanning. 


8) St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousee - confidence booster. I'm rather pale naturally and whenever I get tan-envy this is the product I turn to. Believe me, i've had streaky spray tans, patchy tanning gels and yellowy gradual tanners, I was ready to give up before I found this beauty! I've never had it come out patchy and it is so easy to apply, plus it's a fraction of the price of St Tropez! 


9) Soap and Glory Butter Yourself - Scentgasmic. If you can stop smelling this long enough to apply it then this is a really soothing, pampering body butter. I like to use it after 'Rub Rub Rub' which leaves my body super smooth. 


10) Batiste Dry Shampoo - For lazy days. A Classic, I know. I use this on second day hair which helps refresh my locks and adds lift to style. An absolute essential for any festival kit list for both boys and girls!


I know they are all very classic products that we see every day, but hopefully there's a little something there for everyone! Since leaving full time work all my new purchases are mostly highstreet, but i'm excited to explore what's out there.


I'll finish with a TIP: I often buy my Rimmel products in bulk from Asos, either when they are in the sale or with my student discount and it saves me a fair bit of money.

5 comments:

  1. I love the soap and glory body butter! Nothing compares to it! Also, I swear by the Batiste dry shampoo, as I get super lazy with washing my hair (oops)
    Kaylee
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batiste dry shampoo is my best hair friend!
      Love your blog and gave you a follow :)

      Delete
  2. I love your tip! I must agree with most of your holy grails! I love Batiste, the stay matte powder and mac lipstick they are all on my holy grail list!! Great post! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    Loved you blog style - followed!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I nominated you for the Liebster award, good luck!
    Love, Marta

    http://martameetsworld.blogspot.com/2015/04/i-am-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete