Saturday 11 July 2015

I survived Moving Day!

Presenting the longest and hottest day of my life.

We rolled out of bed at 9am, half packed, running on about three hours sleep and knowing we were supposed to be out of the flats by ten. Myself and five (now) housemates were making the transition from halls to our own privately rented accommodation on the hottest day of the year and after eight trips split between our trusty red convoy, move in we did.



There were several incidents of comical note, the type where you have to laugh otherwise you'll cry. 1) Lara hitting another car as we tried to maneuver our way through rush hour traffic 2) My flat bedroom door breaking so we couldn't get inside to get my things (cue three hour wait - fab) 3) EVERYTHING becoming hilarious around about 7pm as our mental health declined.

Come 9pm when we finally sat down in our new living room for a much welcomed Indian, we were a mess of trucker-arm-tans, aching muscles and general hysteria. Worth it though, because I love our new little home.




Raccoon Duvet Set - Primark
Large Cushion - Primark
I'll do an updated post with fancier photography when i'm moved in properly - expect an excessive amount of fairy lights! Have any of you moved house recently and have any decor tips for my bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment